Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I need help!

I am not creative, crafty, or imaginative, so I am recruiting some help... My landlord is letting me paint; actually, having a painter come paint for me. But I don't know what to have them do and he keeps saying it is up to me as long as its not pink. So with dark green carpet and wood paneling on the bottom half of the wall, I was sure I wanted to go with a light off-white color. Now after talking to the painter, he says the painter might give me the option of painting the paneling? I've tried, and don't even know how to find good examples online and I sure don't have any ideas of my own. So regardless of whether you think I want your help or not, if you have any ideas or helpful sites please let me know. Thanks!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I don't really understand the question but I have actually painted wood paneling in my old house and it works great! Why don't you paint the paneling and put a nice crown molding for like a chair rail and paint that all a cream and then do the upper part of the wall and the ceiling all a darker tone of brown or tan. (Casey and Joann both said that it is the style now to have the ceiling the same color as the walls! Good Luck, let me know if you want any help!

Lindsey said...

Okay here is what you do. Go look at Casey's new house he has waynes coating in his living room but instead yours will just look like thick bead board aka wood paneling. really just go look at it its cute! don't let grandma sway your decision she will just tell you white