Friday, September 3, 2010

August- part 2

Weber County Fair!
This year Braden and I went to the fair with Jenilyn and Mitch. It works out pretty well, in Jenilyn's words, "I like Mitch to come because then Braden has a friend, and you can be mine." Even though we tease and get teased for 'our little group', we rather enjoy ourselves when we are all together. We started out by watching the horse pulls. Truthfully I was Not excited for this, but in the end, I think I was the one who enjoyed it the most! Braden and Mitch sometimes had to tell Jenilyn and I to be quiet because we would get just a little bit too into it and when we get excited about something I guess we get loud.
This is the Tractor putting in another 1,000 lbs.
I worried for these men who have to hook the horses up. Sometimes the horses would start pulling while they still had the chain things in their hands. :S

Jenilyn and I ran to get the boys' dinner while we were still deciding what we felt like. Braden requested the Turkey leg and Mitch the half roasted chicken. Imagine my face when they handed me THIS for Braden!!
Needless to say I was a little embarrassed and practically ran back to give it to him.

(it didn't come in a box or plate or anything, just wrapped the napkin around it and handed it to me!)

Braden and I watching the horse pulls.

no, i am not crying in that pic. it was like 150 degrees in there and to make it worse Jenilyn and I had laid out that morning and got a little toasted.


Cool Sand sculpture thing, couldn't really figure it out, but still appreciated the talent to make such a large, detailed thing from sand!


This is Jenilyn and I snapping pictures while the boys looked for the car, approximately seconds before a drunk man approached us about loosing his car as well. In which Jenilyn replied directly to him, "Yeah, only we are not Drunk!" They claimed to be lost only because they had spotted the truck we had parked next to only three hours earlier, yet our car was no where near it. Guess they had moved, cause we weren't even close!



DRIVE IN!!

Once again we hung out with the 'friends.' Mitch was such a sport to come with us, even though he was leaving at 4am to go bear hunting! Poor kid didn't sleep at all that night. But we had a good time! The drive in is absolutely one of my favorite parts of summer, and I was so glad i got to go!


We started out with Burger bar, including Shakes! Then enjoyed the coziness of all four of us squished in the truck. Not that they complained or even said anything but next time Jenilyn and Mitch are just going to have to suffer through any awkwardness of being in a separate truck because I did NOt have enough room, hence Jenilyn's comment about me falling asleep. The only way I was comfortable was not facing the screen so of course I wasn't going to kink my neck the whole four hours! I really did enjoy the company though and "The Other Guys" was just as funny the second time as the first! "Salt" on the other hand, I'll have to get back to you on that one after I finish the second half. Thanks for coming guys it was fun! I'm glad we made it before summer was over.


1 comment:

Austin & Shawnee said...

Yay...I think drive-ins are so much fun. This last summer was the first time I had ever been to one with Austin. We must be lame. How awesome you have Jenilyn to do fun stuff with.