Braden had an exciting birthday in March! The night before his actual birthday we went to dinner with my parents then back to my mom's where I had invited all my siblings for cupcakes and ice cream. While we were at dinner I told my parents I had to show them what I had gotten the other day and I reached into my purse to grab this....
Yes it's my first Ultrasound, and Yes,
WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!! :-)
WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!! :-)
So we went back to my parents house where we had to wait for everyone to come in the kitchen before I could uncover the cupcakes that looked like this......
(September 7th is my due date)
I believe Katie started clapping and then we started getting "Congratulations!" Lucy was front and center and when I asked her if she knew what they were she looked at me questionably and said "They're pigs in a blanket!" I laughed and told her they were supposed to be babies because me and Braden were going to have a baby. She didn't really care, she just really wanted to eat one of those cupcakes! Later that night I guess they were getting ready for bed and talking about my baby and me being pregnant. (Katie was still pregnant with Cody) And then I got a phone call from Lucy....
Lucy: Annie, are you going to have a baby?Me: Yes! That's why I made baby cupcakes.
Lucy: You mean so like you are really pregnant?
Me: Yes!
Lucy: Like seriously your going to be a mom in real life?
Me: Yes! In real life I'm going to have a baby and be a mom!
Lucy says to her mom: Mom, So Annie is going to go to the Hospital and have her baby!?
Me: Lucy, not yet, your baby will come first and I have to be pregnant for a long time like your mom has been then I will go to the hospital.
Lucy: Oh.
I guess she was so concerned about getting one of those cup cakes earlier that she couldn't focus on what was going on. Because she really didn't believe her mom that I was going to have a baby!
Then it was time to tell Braden's side of the family...
Actually we had told ONLY his parents a few weeks before because he was stressing so bad about it that I let him. (I probably won't ever do it that way again, story to come)
I invited everyone over to Todd and Mary's for a Semi-Surprise Party, and no one even asked me what a semi-surprise party was. Anyhow, it was a terrible blizzard and as usual people are just busy so not many were able to make it but it was fun with the ones who were there. This is the cake I made for Braden, plane ol' boring chocolate cake with "happy birthday" written on it. But then, as we sang I ran in and grabbed my 'Pigs in a Blanket.'
As soon as Colton understood what was going on he just screamed,
"WHOOO!!!! I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!! YEAH!!! I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE,
WHOOOO!!!!! YEAH!!!! For about two minutes straight!
This Fatty is also the reason I wouldn't ever only tell some people before I'm ready for others to know as well. The night we told Todd and Mary I returned a stoneware cookie sheet to Mary with the ultrasound inside the box. Braden informed her that I had messed it up real bad and she needed to look at it. So she proceeded to open the box, say it was ok and shut it again. Braden and I just looked at her, then each other. Braden insisted that she really LOOK at the pan so she opened it again and then finally saw, she got emotional and I think even started to cry just a little bit then there was hugging, 'We're so excited!' then we told them we weren't telling anyone else until I had gone back for my 12wk appointment. To which they replied, "So you mean we can't tell anyone!?"
Meanwhile, Colton was in the family room playing on his PS3 as soon as all the commotion started he must have paused it. He kept saying, "What is going on? I know somethings is going on that you guys aren't telling me! I know something is up, what is it?" But since he didn't really seem to know what was going on i wasn't too concerned. However I guess when he got on the bus the next morning he told his bus driver I was going to have a baby! Luckily she confronted Mary about it before me cause I would have been so caught of guard they could of told I was lying but Mary just asked Colton if he knew that was true, he said no, but he knew something was going on and his mom started crying but was happy so he just figured that was it. She told him he couldn't be telling people things he didn't know were true.
Anyways, Braden got a Blind for his birthday present which he already knew he was getting so of course I had to get him something else so that there was a surprise. So I got him a fly fishing.....pouch? fanny pack? bag? so there's not really a manly word for it, but he seems to like it alright so that's good!
Happy Birthday Braden!!! Thanks for sharing it with all of us and our sweet baby! You're going to be a GREAT Daddy!
4 comments:
oh my goodness! you are going to be a great mom! its the best!
Yay! You finally posted! Congrats again! I'm so excited for you guys!!
Here's the exciting post I was looking for! Yay!!! And I make that dog carrier look pretty dang good! ;)
Congratulations Annie! I'm so excited for you guys. My Birthday is on Sept. 5th.... very close haha september is the best birthday month. :)
Post a Comment