Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Willard Bay

Last night I went out with Braden to see exactly what it is he does when he takes the dogs out. I love listening to Braden tell me how good Jax does and watching him get excited about it, so I thought seeing it would be even better. His friend that he usually goes with was out of town so I decided to keep him company. We went and got Jax from the Smith's and headed out to Willard Bay. When we got there we "ran" Jax. This is when we stop, let Jax out of the truck, then drive away and leave him follow us. At one point Jax was keeping up with us as we were almost up to 25mph! Then we crossed over the dike and Braden threw the bumper for Jax to retrieve. The waves were pretty big and I could hear Jax breathing hard, but i could tell he was loving it. Jax is fun to play with and watch in the yard, but I have to say, he did listen better and pay more attention while we were out there. I think it's a little more real for him and probably lots less distractions. We then headed over to the dog training area and tried a few more retrieves. I even got to throw it a couple times. We had a great time and I didn't even get bit by one mosquito! I liked going and watching both Jax and Braden get excited and have fun, but I probably won't make a habit of going every week.













2 comments:

Jenilyn said...

I'm glad that I don't have a husband that I have to pretend to have the same interests with ;)

Britney said...

Ok so I love Jenilyn's comments. They make me laugh every time.